Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kurt's Quilted Valentine

I realized that if I wanted to post this picture, I would have to explain the names in the card. When Kurt and I first met almost 2 years ago, I was in Florida and an avid sea-shell collector, thus my nickname became "Shelly". Not long after that, I decided he needed a nickname as well. He had recently told me about the movie "Gladiator", and I decided that he sounded like "Maximus". So, from that point on, we have called each other "Maximus" and "Shelly". ;-)

That being said, this is Kurt's quilted valentine.  I wanted to make him a special card.  I have been searching high and low for ideas and just couldn't find anything that fit.  I knew I wanted it to be hand-made and I preferred that it be fabric/quilted.
 
I wenet to two different Amish quilt shops and found the perfect combination.  I used these two fabrics to make him a miniature quilt that folded into a tri-fold card.  If you look closely at the border fabric, you can read the messages printed on the fabric.  I thought they were perfect for a special valentine card.

1 comment: