Oh this was *sew* much fun. For the past several years, the ornament swap has been such a stress due to the fact that I was working full time. This year, I knew that I would be working part time beginning the end of November, so I would have more time to make the ornaments. I decided to do something I have always wanted to do - make miniature bishop dress ornaments. I found the pattern in an old issue of Sew Beautiful. The pattern was designed for making bishop dresses for tiny dolls, but it was just the right size for hanging on a tree. It really wasn't that hard - although sometime it was a bit intense trying to work with something so small.
I have finished all of the sewing for all five dresses. All that is left is the smocking. The dresses do not have a lot of smocking, so it won't take too long. I am still not settled on what color floss I want to use. The fabric is red with gold sparkles. I would love to use a gold metallic, but that can be a night mare to smock on. I must decide soon though because they need to be finished and in the mail by Saturday!!
As soon as these are finished, my next project is to make cosmetic bags for the girls/women on my Christmas list. I have some cute quilt cottons that I am going to use to make these.
It's *sew* nice to feel as though I have my life back with not being tied down to a desk 8-9 hours a day!!!