Tuesday, March 30, 2010
The Battle Costume
As it turns out, most of the volunteers were not familiar with sewing from patterns or doing anything like garments/costumes. While I had never done a costume before, I had made garments and followed patterns, so I got to do one of the three main character's costumes. Mine is the bad guy's costume (it's black). The shirt was a challenge because it is a silppery, shiney fabric. It slipped and slid all over the place, but I got it done. The robe part was much easier!
I had to say that I am very excited about sewing the drama presentation and being able to see my work on stage. It felt good to be able to help out my church in this way,