Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting the New Year in Amish Country!

It's been a while, since I've spent some time in Amish Country just enjoying it's atmosphere and beauty, so Kurt and I spent part of New Year's Day soaking it all in.  There were horses and buggies out everywhere.  I think I saw more today than I have ever seen on an outing.  Most of the snow has melted, but it was still just as beautiful.

I got a Nook for Christmas, and have already read 2 Amish books and am working on my third, "A Merry Heart" by Wanda Brunstetter.    It was so nice to spend time in Amish Country where it really is like the books I read.

I purchased this book with my B&N gift card for my new Nook.  I really want to incorporate the ways of the Amish into my own life.  While I will probably always wish I were Amish, that's never going to happen, but I CAN incorporate their ways into my "English" life.   I am looking forward to finding the wisdom in this book.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment