Thursday, December 1, 2011

Do you know what this is???

This is an x-ray of someone with right lower lobe pneumonia. It's not my x-ray, but it could be. Over two and a half weeks ago I began not feeling well and running a high fever. I was totally exhausted. My doctor first thought it was viral. However, when I got worse instead of better, I went to the ER. I arrived with a 103.2* temperature. An x-ray revealed that I had right lower lobe pneumonia. They began pumping me with two different antibiotics and fluids, and then sent me home with yet another antibiotic. It's been over two weeks now, and I still am not over it. My last x-ray earlier this week showed that the pneumonia was 80% cleared. They didn't want to put me on another antibiotic so they could see if my body would just fight it off. I will go back this Monday for another x-ray. It's been a struggle. I have so many things I want to do, but so little energy. I am determined to not overdo it though because I have been told that a relapse would be worse than the first illness, and I never want to be that sick again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment