Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quilted Cards

I have been trying to decide on the perfect valentine card to make for Kurt.  I want it to be something extra special and very personalized.  I have been scouring the internet for ideas.  While searching, I put together a  few ideas I had seen and combined them to make a quilted card.  I had blank notecards (a pack of $50 from A.C. Moore for about $7 - used a 40% off coupon to make it about $4).  This particular card was made from left-over jellyroll scraps from a quilt that I made for Hannah.  I used 2.5" squares and fused them to a piece of fusible web cut to the size of the card.  Once my design was complete, I trimmed the edges to fit the rectangle and then fused it to my card.  After it had cooled, I used a zig zag stitch and stiched my "seams."
The second card is made from Moda charm squares.  A charm square is 5", so each square makes 4 - 2.5" squares.  I followed the same format to make this one.  The possibilities are really endless with these cards.  I am looking forward to making many more to send to my friends, and possibly to sell on Etsy.  I'm still thinking about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment