Tuesday, December 29, 2009

QVC Studio Tour


Sunday afternoon, Kurt and I went down to West Chester, PA to visit the QVC studios.  It was amazing.  I have been a viewer of QVC since Jonathan was a baby.  I would watch QVC in the middle of the night when I would be up with him.  I rarely order anything, but I love to watch.  QVC has definitely found it's niche.  The show hosts make you feel as though they are right there in the room with you.  When I am home alone, I often turn on QVC just because then I don't feel so alone.

The tour was incredible.  Unfortunately, they did not allow cameras in the studio, but we were able to take pictures in the lobby which was really neat.







It was really exciting because my favorite QVC host is Mary Beth Roe.  When we began the tour, we found out that Mary Beth Roe was on the air right then.  I was beside myself I was so excited.  There were other "QVC Groupies" (as Kurt called us) on the tour too.  The men (along with Kurt) didn't quite understand our excitement about much of the tour.


We were able to look through glass down at the studio and see it all going on.  I thought that was awesome, but then it got even better.  At the end of the tour (I guess they had to make sure we were all civilized first), they let us walk out on a  bridge-like structure and look down at everything as it was going on.   They gave us the speech about not making a sound and not having any electronic devices that could make a sound before they allowed us to go out there.  We could actually hear them talking on the show.  It was sooo  cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment