Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hawk Mountain and Tour-Guide Jonathan

Today we took a family hiking trip to Hawk Mountain. It was absolutely breath-taking. I've never been hiking on a mountain before. It was snow-covered and beautiful!!!
Jonathan wanted to be our guide, so I gave him the map and let him lead. Unknown to us, he took us on one of the most difficult trails. We climbed rocks, hung on for dear life, and fell down more times than I can count. Thankfully there was plenty of snow to cushion our falls. There were several look-out points along the way, and the view was totally breath-taking. I've never experienced anything like it before. Here are a few more pictures from our day....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful hike! The views you saw are just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love to hike but have to limit it to vacations as I live in Florida. You are so fortunate to have that so near you.

    I really, really, love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and breathtaking!

    Thanks for sharing. May the Lord bless your week in really special ways! : )

    ReplyDelete